Thursday, 22 April 2010

Calais Small Edit.

These ten shots are from the 585 photos I took whilst working with migrants in Calais. I will soon upload an accompanying essay I wrote as well, but for now here are a small amount of the shots. The shots are of migrants who have come mainly from Africa, Afghanistan and Iraq and are living in awful conditions in Calais. They have travelled so far escaping war, famine and disease all looking for a new and safe life. Living here they have become Europe's hidden crisis.
















Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent pictures!
    I know a lot of model, because I often come to Calais!
    I also went to the book it is wonderful!

    Really we must continue to take such pictures because they show migrants as they are. The young man in the flowers, I knew the day of his arrival since I followed its history we spend much time together. this picture represents perfectly, he loves to pretend he was a model.

    Good luck to all.
    Amandine
    (Sorry for my english .. I'm not very good!)

    ReplyDelete